Pàgina d'inici » Posts tagged 'city life'
Tag Archives: city life
Pedestrian Crossing or Zebra Crossing? Both are correct
This year, we’ll walk around the city together In some of the outings, Bernat, your Catalan teacher, will be our guide. He will tell us some interesting stories about Palma. During our walks, we shall check traffic signs .
During English lessons we are going to
- zoom in and out city life.
- use compass points to locate landmarks on a map
- learn more vocabulary to talk about the things we find when we walk around the town
- describe buildings, streets and city life
- give and ask directions
- find our way using a street plan
- compare different cities, streets and neighbourhoods
- identify landmarks and most popular citysights
1. Practice pronunciation of some basic city words
2. Listening: town directions
3. Find your way in an American town and check the prepositions of place.
4. Read this text about Springfield, Bart’s hometown and do the fill in the gaps exercise
5. From an American city, to a typical English High Street. There are six different exercises in this address (reading, writing, and listening) with plenty of vocabulary.
6. Listen to a person giving directions in Barcelona and do the exercises.
This is the first set of on-line activities we posted in the blog. After doing the activities, we need your feed back. Post your comments to these questions
- Did you learn new words?
- Is it helpful to have audio to learn pronunciation?
- Did you find them difficult or easy?
- Which ones did you prefer?
- How long did it take you to do all of them?
- Would you like to have more on-line activities grouped by topic on the blog?
- Thank you for your feedback!