Booglesworld is a great website where you can find plenty of materials to improve your English. in this post you will find a set of templates and models to talk and write about films. We shall work with them in class. We have finished watching Matilda, haven’t we? You wrote summaries of some scenes. Now it is time to learn how to write a film review. We shall also talk about other films.
Print the set and keep them together in a plastic folder. Take them to class next week.
Homework: There are 6 tasks you have to complete using the templates. You must finish them by Friday 13th December
Are you familiar with the terms genre, plot, setting, climax, review?
Handout 1: Movie terms to talk about films
1.Choose a film you liked and answer the questions
Handout 2: Film cloze
2. Look at the terms in the box. They are all related to movies. Can you fill in the cloze?
3. What are the new terms you learnt? copy them in your notebook
Handout 3: a synopsis
4. Can you guess the names of the films?
5. Have you seen any of them? Which ones?
6. Write a synopsis of the latest film you saw. (not Matilda)